Friday, March 27, 2009

Dominoes!!!

Today I had an embarrassing moment. One of those that could be put in the Top 10 most embarrassing moments in my life. I had my camera and wish I could have taken a picture of it so you could see it for yourselves. But after I tell you what happened you will understand why I just couldn't take the picture. I was at JC Penney's with my 3 kids and we proceeded to the checkout. Near the checkout is a card display. My 2 boys were both running for the cards at the same time and Kaden ended up knocking down a display of clothing next to the cards. Have you ever played dominoes when you line them up and knock them down? Well, this is exactly what happened. The shirts fell into some more shirts which fell into more shirts which fell into more shirts which fell into more shirts. You probably get the point. So anyway, when they were done falling. There was about a 30 foot row of destruction. Clothing everywhere and people watching and gawking and those who did not witness it asking "What in the world happened there?" My answer...KIDS!!!(not that I couldn't have done it-in fact, my husband thinks I am the most clumsy person in the world) It was hilariously humiliating!! I made Kaden help me clean it up.(teachable moment-take care of the messes you make) So we sat there lifting up displays and rehanging clothes while tons of people kept passing by wondering "What in the world happened there?" I couldn't bring myself to get my camera out and humiliate myself any more than I already was. Plus, I didn't want to make it look like I was glorifying my child's mistake. One embarrassing moment down, hopefully not any more left to go!!

3 comments:

Shell said...

LOL! I'm laughing at your pain. I can just picture the destruction.

Kati said...

All the Baxters are laughing! This is funny! BUT you should 'a got a picture :) EVIDENCE (or blackmail if Kaden ever runs for the US presidency)- for the future!

Anonymous said...

A picture would have been worth a 1000 words. We would have been able to laugh for years at the reminder.

Love ya mom